Re: US militia officers insignia

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2008
      Buzz

      I suggest you contact Steve Abolt who operates Allegheny Arsenal on
      St. Simons Island, GA, USA either by phone at 912 - 638 – 2842 or
      by email at sacbg7 (at) lynchburg.net (this Yahoo group does not
      support email addresses so add @ to the address)

      Mr. Abolt has made USA Forces uniforms both Regular and Militia for
      sites, re-enactors, historians, etc.

      His work is impeccable and he creates from original documentation.

      If you really want a uniform that is what "they wore" contact Mr.
      Abolt, also his research, as many on this Yahoo Group, is worth the
      money.

      Yrs.,
      L2
      Ontario-Canada

      --- sharpshooterbuzz wrote:

      Esteemed Group Having a hard time finding info on insignia for
      milita staff officers. Major/ Colonel/ General. From contemporary
      paintings, i see 2 gold epaulettes, but nothing for lower ranks...Any
      ideas?
      Also, with US milita rifle cos., did line officers wear frocks?
      chapeauxde bras? and ultimately....rifle co. musicians...red frocks?
      Seriously...we know so much yet there are so many missing details.
      Sharp Shooter Buzz