Re: [War Of 1812] More News on the Gasoline front

  • Dale Kidd
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2008
      tedyeat <tedyeat@...> wrote:
      > Maybe a Hampster powered hybrid van....???

      On a serious note...

      While hybrid vehicles may indeed provide a solution suitable for some
      of us, I have yet to see one that is capable of efficiently
      (read "cheaply") pulling our trailers laden with boats, cannon, or tons
      of sutlery goods. Until hybrid technology reaches a point where it can
      reliably duplicate the full capabilities of the internal combustion
      engine at a fraction of the cost, hybrid vehicles will not truly
      provide a viable alternative for many of us. And that's a shame,
      because getting to events certainly isn't getting any cheaper year to
      year.

      ~Dale