Thank you

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2008
      Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lists:

      I want to express my profound thanks to the many people who have sprung
      to my defense over the last day or so, and to those who have sent me
      notes of concern and support, both on and off the Lists. I am very
      deeply touched.

      I have always thought of our community as a close-knit, friendly one,
      and I continue to hold this opinion - now more so than ever, in fact. I
      can't think of a better group of people to work and socialize with, and
      I know that I am very privileged to be able to make my living in such a
      great environment.

      To those who wish to identify the originator of the e-mail, whoever it
      might turn out to be, I'd say don't bother. It really doesn't matter to
      me. Far more important than the one negative are the multitude of
      positives, and frankly, I'd rather focus on them. To Matthew - not to
      worry, I never believed that it was the Upper Canadian Heritage site or
      anyone associated with it who had sent the e-mail - I was sure that it
      was a cover, by which the real sender attempted to draw you into the
      issue and cause further trouble. I am sorry that he or she attempted to
      involve you in that way.

      Once again, thank you to everyone for your kind words and good wishes.
      It definitely makes hauling three tons of stuff all over creation all
      summer long worthwhile, as does your excellent company and ongoing
      dedication to our shared passion for history.

      With a happy heart, I look forward to seeing you all down the road . . .
      starting with Kalamazoo next weekend (Customs willing!)! :-)
      -- Sioux