Re: [War Of 1812] North Point, MD

  • spikeyj
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7 5:35 AM
      On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:20:52 -0500
      "spikeyj" <spikeyj@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:54:52 -0000
      > "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:
      > > Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event
      > > at North Point
      > > this year? The web site seems to be down
      > > (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)
      >
      > Battle of North Point, September 2
      >
      > Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9

      And, of course, I would be looking at last year's dates.

      Doh!

      Spike Y Jones
      http://www.nni.com/
    • Steve Abolt
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7 5:44 AM
        Spike,

        Wrong dates for McHenry. They are Sept 12-14. The
        Grand Tactical is the following week Sept 19-21. Ed
        Seufert should know the North Point dates.

        All the best,
        S.

        --- spikeyj <spikeyj@...> wrote:

        > Battle of North Point, September 2
        >
        > Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9
        >
        > Spike Y Jones

        Cottonbalers, By God!

        visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Iain Burns
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7 5:50 AM
          Actually, Gentlemen, if you look down near the bottom of this email, you
          will see a link called "war of 1812 Events List"... both events, and lots
          more, are listed there...

          Aye,

          Iain

          From: Steve Abolt <sacbg7@...>
          To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [War Of 1812] North Point, MD
          Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:44:33 -0800 (PST)

          Spike,

          --- spikeyj <spikeyj@...> wrote:

          >Battle of North Point, September 2
          >
          >Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9
          >
          >Spike Y Jones

          Cottonbalers, By God!

          visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Dave Westhouse
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7 6:05 AM
            Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event at North Point
            this year? The web site seems to be down
            (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

            thanks,
            ian johns
            3rd Reg't of Foote (The Buffs)

            Event Dates are listed on a website for the benefit and courtesy of
            Warof1812 List members at;
            http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/

            As long as dates are sent in and posted, then they will be there.

            Listed on that site as well are dates from past years all the way
            back to 1999.

            Dave Westhouse.
          • DONNA Moore

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9 8:50 PM
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:

                > Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event at North
                Point
                > this year? The web site seems to be down
                > (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

                The battlenorthpoint.org web site came back up Saturday night.

                The site went down Thursday, when the web hosting service's server on
                which it lived experienced unrecoverable hardware failure. Sorry for
                any confusion this outage may have caused about the event date.

                As noted by some, the 'Defenders Day at North Point' event date is
                Sunday, August 31st, 2008. The web site has information on
                registration, schedules, amenities, contacts, etc.

                webmaster, www.battlenorthpoint.org