Bi-Centennial - Spanish War of Independence

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      Good day

      Apparently the Spanish Ministry of Cultural Heritage and the Ministry
      of Defence have jointly 'kicked off' the beginnings of the bi-
      centennial celebrations of what we refer to as the "Peninsular campaign"

      Here are two sites which show some shots of the opening event, complete
      of course with re-enactors (and french soldiers!).

      http://www.secc.es/ficha_conmemoraciones.c...d25741d4e2446d4

      http://www.mde.es/NotasPrensa?id_nodo=4072...mp;id_nota=1601

      The third link, which I got from another chat group, only gets me as
      far as the website of the newspaper (?) which ran the shots and since
      my Spanish is essentially limited to "Uno, dos, tres..." and "Una
      cerveza, por favour" I wasn't able to "buscar" successfully for the
      shots. But feel free to try yourselves: here's the website and the
      extra numbers etc attached (from the original post on p.4 of "Recent
      posts" at the Gentlemans Military Interest Club. Good luck.

      Peter Monahan

      http://www.munimadrid.es/portal/site/munimadrid/menuitem.
      f46cde3ab6c0b0aa7d245f019fc08a0c/?
      vegnextoid=170fb8b486d08110VgnVCM1000000b205a0aRCRD&vgnextchannel=609131
      7d3d2a7010VgnVCM100000dc0ca8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=especial1&tipofichero=image