North Point, MD

  • ianjohns08060
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7 4:54 AM
      Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event at North Point
      this year? The web site seems to be down
      (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

      thanks,
      ian johns
      3rd Reg't of Foote (The Buffs)
    • spikeyj
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7 5:20 AM
        On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:54:52 -0000
        "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event
        > at North Point
        > this year? The web site seems to be down
        > (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

        Battle of North Point, September 2

        Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9

        Spike Y Jones
        http://www.nni.com/
      • spikeyj
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7 5:35 AM
          On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:20:52 -0500
          "spikeyj" <spikeyj@...> wrote:
          > On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:54:52 -0000
          > "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:
          > > Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event
          > > at North Point
          > > this year? The web site seems to be down
          > > (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)
          >
          > Battle of North Point, September 2
          >
          > Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9

          And, of course, I would be looking at last year's dates.

          Doh!

          Spike Y Jones
          http://www.nni.com/
        • Steve Abolt
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7 5:44 AM
            Spike,

            Wrong dates for McHenry. They are Sept 12-14. The
            Grand Tactical is the following week Sept 19-21. Ed
            Seufert should know the North Point dates.

            All the best,
            S.

            --- spikeyj <spikeyj@...> wrote:

            > Battle of North Point, September 2
            >
            > Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9
            >
            > Spike Y Jones

            Cottonbalers, By God!

            visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Iain Burns
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7 5:50 AM
              Actually, Gentlemen, if you look down near the bottom of this email, you
              will see a link called "war of 1812 Events List"... both events, and lots
              more, are listed there...

              Aye,

              Iain

              From: Steve Abolt <sacbg7@...>
              To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [War Of 1812] North Point, MD
              Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:44:33 -0800 (PST)

              Spike,

              --- spikeyj <spikeyj@...> wrote:

              >Battle of North Point, September 2
              >
              >Star-Spangled Banner Weekend, September 7-9
              >
              >Spike Y Jones

              Cottonbalers, By God!

              visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Dave Westhouse
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7 6:05 AM
                Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event at North Point
                this year? The web site seems to be down
                (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

                thanks,
                ian johns
                3rd Reg't of Foote (The Buffs)

                Event Dates are listed on a website for the benefit and courtesy of
                Warof1812 List members at;
                http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/

                As long as dates are sent in and posted, then they will be there.

                Listed on that site as well are dates from past years all the way
                back to 1999.

                Dave Westhouse.
              • DONNA Moore

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 9 8:50 PM
                    --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohns08060" <ianjohns@...> wrote:

                    > Can anyone tell me the date for the Defenders Day event at North
                    Point
                    > this year? The web site seems to be down
                    > (http://www.battlenorthpoint.org/)

                    The battlenorthpoint.org web site came back up Saturday night.

                    The site went down Thursday, when the web hosting service's server on
                    which it lived experienced unrecoverable hardware failure. Sorry for
                    any confusion this outage may have caused about the event date.

                    As noted by some, the 'Defenders Day at North Point' event date is
                    Sunday, August 31st, 2008. The web site has information on
                    registration, schedules, amenities, contacts, etc.

                    webmaster, www.battlenorthpoint.org