Belated St. David's Day!!!

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
      Good evening list!

      Those who know our dear commander well, may be wondering why he did
      not post a message on March 1st for this wonderful day in his native
      Wales.

      I am happy to report that Ray Hobbs is in Cardiff enjoying a
      wonderful visit.

      I had received a note from Jon Latimer, author of "1812 War with
      America" and a good friend of Ray's, that Jon, Ray and John Dart,
      curator of the Welsh Regiment Museum, attended the annual St. David's
      Day Parade in Cardiff.

      http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/videos-and-pics/2008/03/01/st-david-s-
      day-parade-2008-91466-20546187/

      I am quite positive that a trip to the Goat Major, long a favourite
      watering hole of the Welsh Regiment was also in the cards for these
      fine gentlemen!

      Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd!

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot
    • peter monahan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier" <tom4141fournier@...>
        wrote:

        Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd!

        Funny, you don't look Welsh!

        All the best to those who are Welsh and those who wish they were.
        Capt. Hobbes, if you're reading this, please do bring us back a leek or
        three!
      • Tom Fournier
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
          Ah ha but it all ties together!

          It is our goal to be part of the St. David's Day Parade in Cardiff
          next year on our planned trip to Wales.

          I have been to the Goat Major and will most certainly return!

          http://www.cardiffpubs.co.uk/Pub.php?Pub=GoatMajor

          Tom

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peter monahan" <petemonahan@...>