Re: [War Of 1812] War of 1812 in the news

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dale & co.,
      Interesting idea for an event, although I personally (as an American)
      like Toronto: it's like New York without the violent crime rate! Based on
      that assessment of the city, I would be loathe to burn it down. On the
      other hand, in the interests of equity and historical authenticity, we would
      all then be obliged to burn down D.C., so there may be an upside to this
      concept. Now that I have mentioned burning down D.C., we'll see how long it
      takes for Homeland Security to come knocking on my door...
      The CCs to non-list members have been added so that I have witnesses, should
      it become necessary, to the context of this message who might be inclined to
      inquire after my whereabouts when I'm black-bagged.

      --
      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law

      Madison, June 20, 1785

    • Ian Gardner
      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 8, 2008
        Ah well, I'll let you off with just a look askance this time. But next
        time, it might well be a Charles Willcocks/Joseph Willcocks brouhaha and
        that could get ugly. :-)

        Ian