Interesting lecture series

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2008
      List:
      This is for those in the Toronto area, or nearby. There is an
      interesting lecture series being hosted by Black Creek Pioneer Village
      in February. Those for the 4th, 12th and 19th are relevant to "our"
      period, and may be of interest to several folk in the hobby. Below are
      the details. I would love to attend, but getting from Hamilton to BCP
      Village by 7.00pm is a bit of a challenge.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt

      "Herstory" Speakers Series at Historic Black Creek Pioneer Village

      February 4, 12, 19 & 26, 2008
      7 pm - 9 pm

      Four Fascinating Speakers,
      FOUR GREAT TOPICS EXPLORING WOMEN IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY,
      ONE HISTORIC VENUE...

      AUTHORS

      KAROLYN SMARDZ FROST -  Monday February 4th*
      "Lucie's Story" from I've Got a Home in Glory Land:
      A Lost Tale of Underground Railroad"
      *February 4th is Student Night- Free admission with student card

      BETTINA BRADBURY - Tuesday February 12th
      "Nineteenth Century Widowhood: Challenges, Choices and Constraints"

      CECILIA MORGAN - Tuesday February 19th
      "Candy, Cows, and Commemoration: the Case of Laura Secord"

      MYRA RUTHERDALE - Tuesday February 26th
      "When Shall the Doors Be Open:
      Women's Desire for Higher Education in Neneteenth Century Canada"

      $10/EVENING - $30/FOUR EVENINGS
      For tickets or more information please call :416-667-6295 or
      VISIT www.blackcreek.ca

      Risa Kusumoto
      Executive Assistant
      Ontario Historical Society