Manual of Arms

  • bob.blakeley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2008
      The Norfok Mercantile, publisher of The Civilian Soldier, A Complete
      History of the Norfolk Militia, 1796 to 2007, The War of 1812 Calendar-
      Book of Days, and Hysterical Re-enacting, would be very interested in
      publishing a Manual of Arms for War of 1812 Re-enactors.
      Can anyone suggest the best original source for this material? We would
      want to reprint it in the original style, not the PDF version, and the
      same size as the original.
      Our thinking is it should be hard cover, to put up with the rigours of
      battle, available to all, in the most historically correct form we can
      manage.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Bob Blakeley
    • roy winders
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2008
        Large print for me please

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
          Pleez rite slo cuz menny of us hav tubble reeding fast...

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "bob.blakeley" <bob.blakeley@...>
          wrote:

          > The Norfok Mercantile, publisher of The Civilian Soldier, A
          Complete
          > History of the Norfolk Militia, 1796 to 2007, The War of 1812
          Calendar-
          > Book of Days, and Hysterical Re-enacting, would be very interested
          in
          > publishing a Manual of Arms for War of 1812 Re-enactors.
          > Can anyone suggest the best original source for this material? We
          would
          > want to reprint it in the original style, not the PDF version, and
          the
          > same size as the original.
          > Our thinking is it should be hard cover, to put up with the
          rigours of
          > battle, available to all, in the most historically correct form we
          can
          > manage.
          > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
          > Bob Blakeley

        • Raoul
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2013
            Hello,
            Anyone know if this reenactors drill manual ever got published?
            Raoul Mallalieu
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "bob.blakeley" <bob.blakeley@...> wrote:

            > The Norfok Mercantile, publisher of The Civilian Soldier, A Complete
            > History of the Norfolk Militia, 1796 to 2007, The War of 1812 Calendar-
            > Book of Days, and Hysterical Re-enacting, would be very interested in
            > publishing a Manual of Arms for War of 1812 Re-enactors.
            > Can anyone suggest the best original source for this material? We would
            > want to reprint it in the original style, not the PDF version, and the
            > same size as the original.
            > Our thinking is it should be hard cover, to put up with the rigours of
            > battle, available to all, in the most historically correct form we can
            > manage.
            > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
            > Bob Blakeley

          • kell
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2013
              Raoul
              As a member of the Norfolk Militia and a good friend of Bob Blakeley,
              as far as I know he did not publish any book about the drill of this
              time period. As a unit we practice using the 5th Lincoln Militia Manual
              of Arms. We also us our drill that was used by the Norfolk's in 1811, It
              is only 3 pages long and gives us a look into the past. It does not give
              any reference to where it was taken from but it does refer to the musket
              as a fire-lock witch indicates that it is from an older drill manual.

              The Norfolk's also used the
              REGULATIONS for the EXERCISE OF RIFLEMEN and LIGHT INFANTRY and
              INSTRUCTIONS FOR THEIR CONDUCT IN THE FIELD 1799 I do not know how many
              different ones are being used but these are the ones we try and work with.

              Kell Svenningsen
              Chairperson
              Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment