Merry Christmas Dispatch , L2 is not ill and much more ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      As you can see

      The Prince of Darkness has returned,
      and the Christmas/New Years Holidays are over .

      Now that Christmas, that large Christian Celebration when every one
      is supposed to send salutations of Peace to Men of Goodwill, is over.

      Christmas for some consists of twelve days of Christmas, Little
      Christmas, Epiphany, etc. Ukrainian Christmas was last Saturday

      I have kept my post till January 6, 2008 is over and now for ease of
      understanding, I will post in numeric form

      1.) Staff Officers, in particular, 'Aide de Comps, Aide de Camps or
      AdC's) were detached from their regimental duties to form part of
      chain of command - they were message carriers. The ADC would carry
      messages to the 'Brigades' under their general's charge. The ADC
      would carry messages for the Generals passing them on to the correct
      people'. (Duties of Staff Officers).

      2.) The Christmas Dispatch was issued on behalf of the Crown Forces
      North America Staff that are listed at
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      Those units listed at http://1812crownforces.tripod.com have
      accepted the field command of the Staff listed. Units listed usually
      attend the Crown Forces Events, Grand Tactical and send their
      Officers and NCOs to the Crown Forces School, Fort York

      3.) Because one raises a unit does not immediately invoke that the
      person in question owns the Regiment, Name of the Regiment, Section
      or Unit being raised.

      Because one raises a unit does not make it so.

      4.) To have your Unit listed at http://1812crownforces.tripod.com one
      must contact the page owner (larrylozon [at]yahoo.ca) and the
      information will forwarded to the Crown Forces Commanding Officers.
      The Commanding Officers in turn will inform the other Staff Officers
      of the intention and the Unit will be informed of their decision.

      5.) http://1812crownforces.tripod.com (Crown Forces North America
      1812) is a private web page which was created for ease of contact
      between Crown Forces Units, Event Coordinators, Historic Sites, etc.

      6.) http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist (WAR Of 1812
      Events) is a private web page which was created to list 1812 events
      for the ease of Units, Event Coordinators, Historic Sites, etc.

      7.) http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants (Sutlers &
      Merchants) is a private web page which was created to list sutlers,
      merchants, etc., who are subscribers to the WarOf1812 Yahoo Group

      8.) http://usforces1812.tripod.com (United States Forces 1812) ) is a
      private web page which was created for ease of contact between USA
      Units, Event Coordinators, Historic Sites, etc.

      9.)If Unit Commanders change, it will be the responsibility of the
      outgoing Commander to supply the owner of
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com (Crown Forces North America 1812)
      with the new Commander's name and email address, the new Commander
      will be added to this list and the outgoing Commander deleted. If the
      Unit Commander does not have access to the internet a Unit
      contact will be supplied in the Unit Commander stead

      10.) http://1812crownforces.tripod.com (Crown Forces North America
      1812) web site is usually updated at the first of every year or when
      existing information changes

      I hope this eliminates any confusion to the listings on certain 1812
      web pages and eliminates any confusion connected with my position as
      Aide De Camp

      Yrs.,
      Larry Lozon (L2)
      Upper Canada (Ontario)

      United States Forces 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Crown Forces North America 1812
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      2007 WAR Of 1812 Events

      Sutlers & Merchants
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

      ---------------------
      Larry Lozon wrote:

      L2 is not ill!

      Sergeant Major

      Thank you for your post

      I can assure you and all that L2 is not ill

      I have said what I had to towards the person involved to his personal
      email and not on this Yahoo Group expressly

      "That it is Christmas, that large Christian Celebration, when every
      one issues a Peace to Men of Goodwill" thus it is not the time for
      Politics and slurs (or Flamewars)

      I issued a Merry Christmas Dispatch from the Crown Forces North
      America and the Staff that are listed at
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      No more no less . . .

      After the holiday season I will address this subject

      I shall now finish my glass of Chateau Rayas (Chateauneuf-Du-Pape)
      and wish all Seasons Greetings and echo the words of Sergeant Major
      Monahan,
      " Merry Christmas to all! Merry Winter Solstice and Happy Hanukah too.

      The Prince of Darkness will return after the Holidays .....

      __________________

      "peter monahan" wrote:

      Merry Christmas to all! Merry Winter Solstice and Happy Hanakuh
      too.

      To anyone I have inadvertently slighted: see Mr Harris' seasonal
      greeting, especially the warranty part. What he said!

      Now, about the Crown Forces list. Gee, L2 must be ill - he hasn't
      piped up yet, so I will jump in in his defence.

      Key point, as I'm sure the man will tell us shortly is that he just
      runs it! If the info. is missing, out of date or erroneous, it is
      the right,privilige and responsibility of the unit(s) in question to
      send him the correct info.! And if you don't care to do that, you
      don't get on the list, or maybe get on with wrong data.

      L2 doesn't write them , he just tells them. So, if the 3rd
      Independant Underwater Dragoons, who've been at every event this
      year, don't write in to tell Larry that they exist and that Corporal
      Hagendaaz commands, then they don't get on the list.

      My tuppence worth

      Peter Monahan