Looking for a local group

  • Penni
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
      I am a former re-enactor who got out of it because hubby didn't do it
      and I ended up carting the wee kids with me (and giving him a weekend
      at home alone to do nothing!).
      My son is now 8 and interested in all things war related! World wars
      one and two and the war of 1812. He would very much like to be a
      drummer boy in some man's army and I wouldn't mind combining my passion
      for 1812 living history with my other passion of pottery.
      I am in London and though I used to travel with the Feltoe-Posner clan
      I would like to get involved in a group closer to home. Unfortunately I
      have sold my tent, pots, baskets and other "stuff" - I have no period
      clothes for my son of course but can sew.
      Any takers???
      Thanks in advance,
      Penni Stoddart
      (penelopepots@...)
    • Jim Krause
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2008
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Penni" <penelopepots@...> wrote:

        > I am a former re-enactor who got out of it because hubby didn't do it
        > and I ended up carting the wee kids with me (and giving him a weekend
        > at home alone to do nothing!).
        > My son is now 8 and interested in all things war related! World wars
        > one and two and the war of 1812. He would very much like to be a
        > drummer boy in some man's army and I wouldn't mind combining my passion
        > for 1812 living history with my other passion of pottery.
        > I am in London and though I used to travel with the Feltoe-Posner clan
        > I would like to get involved in a group closer to home. Unfortunately I
        > have sold my tent, pots, baskets and other "stuff" - I have no period
        > clothes for my son of course but can sew.
        > Any takers???
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Penni Stoddart
        > (penelopepots@...)

        Hi Penni,
        I don't get to do living history as much as I used to, so I can
        sympathize with your situation. If your son is serious about doing a
        musician's impression, I'd check to see if there are any fife and drum
        corps near you, and enroll him in lessons. Being a drummer boy is a
        lot of work, and requires quite a bit of study and practice. Good
        luck and best wishes.

        Yours,
        Jim Krause
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2008