Re: [War Of 1812] Re: George MacDonald Fraser 1925-2008

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
      Even though most of his books were "fiction", they were a great source of "historical fact" if one ever bothered to look at his footnotes!

      I for one am greatly saddened by his loss.

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
        All you swabbies out there may be interested in checking out Edwin Thomas's adventures of Lieutenant
        Martin Jerrold, the salt water Flashy.

        From: "Ray Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@sympatico .ca>
        > List:
        > Not quite in the period, but of interest to many on the list I am sure.
        > George MacDonald Fraser, creator of the archetypical 19th century
        > anti-hero, Flashman, has died at his home in the UK. He was 82.
        > Here is the URL of the Guardian's obituary (almost hagiography)
        > Yrs etc.
        > Ray Hobbs
        > 41st Regt.

        Looking for a X-Mas gift? Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.

        http://www.flickr.com/gift/