RE: [War Of 1812] 1832 Parliament

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 22, 2007
      See what happens when you allow Methodism in the ranks! The Corporal thinks
      he has a say!

      Mr Dickerson, please make sure your serjeant beat the men harder. Heck that
      could be the New Year resolution for the company commanders!

      Kevin

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 22, 2007
        Gosh, Ray, do you remember the pre-1832 parliament? I figure you would before most of us.. ;-)

        "Lieutenant" Tom (who's now past 50!! Wow, that didn't take very long!!)

        PS: Merry Ho ho, all!!

        PPS: is that politically correct enough, John? ;-)

        And what, pray, was wrong with the pre-1832 British parliament????
        Whiff of Reform I detect here. Will lead to trouble, y'know. Mark my
        words. Dammit, sir, doncha know your place?
        (Also with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
        Happy Christmas all
        Ray H
        41st Regt.

        Recent Activity
        a.. 3New Members
        Visit Your Group
        Only on Yahoo!
        Star Wars galaxy

        Create a profile

        and meet fans.

        Yahoo! News
        Fashion News

        What's the word on

        fashion and style?

        Special K Challenge
        on Yahoo! Groups

        Find shape-up

        tips and tools.
        .

      • Chris McKay
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 22, 2007
          It hasn't worked right since 1707.

          Chris McKay

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:

          > And what, pray, was wrong with the pre-1832 British parliament????
          > Whiff of Reform I detect here. Will lead to trouble, y'know. Mark my
          > words. Dammit, sir, doncha know your place?
          > (Also with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
          > Happy Christmas all
          > Ray H
          > 41st Regt.
        • John McGarry
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 22, 2007
            I'd say 1800...

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McKay" <PrivateCannon@...>
            wrote:

            > It hasn't worked right since 1707.
            >
            > Chris McKay

          • ronaldjohndale
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 22, 2007
              Wellington was asked of his opinion of the new post-reform House of
              Commons, which was much more representative of the people. He
              responded "I have never seen so many bad hats."

              Merry Christmas,

              Ron

              wrote:

              > It hasn't worked right since 1707.
              >
              > Chris McKay

            • spikeyj
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 01:02:07 -0000
                "ronaldjohndale" <ronaldjohndale@...> wrote:
                > Wellington was asked of his opinion of the new
                > post-reform House of
                > Commons, which was much more representative of the
                > people. He
                > responded "I have never seen so many bad hats."

                Of course, this was the same Duke of Wellington who was
                denied entry to a ball at Almack's for wearing trousers
                when breeches were in fashion.

                Spike Y Jones
                http://www.nni.com/
              • John Harris
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...>
                  wrote:

                  "Lieutenant" Tom (who's now past 50!! Wow, that didn't take very
                  long!!)

                  PS: Merry Ho ho, all!!

                  PPS: is that politically correct enough, John? ;-)

                  "Lieutenant"/ Major Tom- No Sir, it is not polictically correct
                  enough !!!! Not that I've ever been "policically correct", so I will
                  state to all right now " MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"
                  John Harris
                  8^)

                  PS- Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best
                  wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low
                  stress,non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter
                  solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of
                  the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
                  choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or
                  traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
                  secular traditions at all ...and a fiscally successful, personally
                  fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of
                  the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due
                  respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
                  contributions to society have helped make Canada great, (not to imply
                  that Canada is necessarily greater than any other country or is the
                  only "CANADA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the
                  race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of
                  computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

                  - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTABILITY -

                  (By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This
                  greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
                  transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies
                  no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
                  her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
                  revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted
                  to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings
                  for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent
                  holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to
                  replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
                  discretion of the wisher.)
                • peter monahan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                    Merry Christmas to all! Merry Winter Solstice and Happy Hanakuh
                    too.

                    To anyone I have inadvertently slighted: see Mr Harris' seasonal
                    greeting, especially the warranty part. What he said!

                    Now, about the Crown Forces list. Gee, L2 must be ill - he hasn't
                    piped up yet, so I will jump in in his defence.

                    Key point, as I'm sure the man will tell us shortly is that he just
                    runs it! If the info. is missing, out of date or erroneous, it is
                    the right,privilige and responsibility of the unit(s) in question to
                    send him the correct info.! And if you don't care to do that, you
                    don't get on the list, or maybe get on with wrong data.

                    L2 doesn't write them , he just tells them. So, if the 3rd
                    Independant Underwater Dragoons, who've been at every event this
                    year, don't write in to tell Larry that they exist and that Corporal
                    Hagendaaz commands, then they don't get on the list.

                    My tuppence worth

                    Peter Monahan
                  • Craig Williams
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                      Yes John, But is it trans-fat free?

                      Craig

                      PS Merry Christmas to all!

                      > PS- Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best
                      > wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low
                      > stress,non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter
                      > solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of
                      > the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
                      > choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or
                      > traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
                      > secular traditions at all ...and a fiscally successful, personally
                      > fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of
                      > the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due
                      > respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
                      > contributions to society have helped make Canada great, (not to imply
                      > that Canada is necessarily greater than any other country or is the
                      > only "CANADA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the
                      > race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of
                      > computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.
                      >
                      > - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTABILITY -
                      >
                      > (By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This
                      > greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
                      > transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies
                      > no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
                      > her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
                      > revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted
                      > to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings
                      > for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent
                      > holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to
                      > replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
                      > discretion of the wisher.)

                    • Tom Hurlbut
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                        Ho ho ho!

                        "Lieutenant/Major" Tom

                        "Lieutenant"/ Major Tom- No Sir, it is not polictically correct
                        enough !!!! Not that I've ever been "policically correct", so I will
                        state to all right now " MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"
                        John Harris
                        8^)

                        Recent Activity
                        a.. 3New Members