Invite for 1812 Event-Lyon Farm

  • wbuchinger
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      This is an invitation for American War of 1812'ers in the midwest (and
      elsewhere) to come out and attend the annual Lyon Farm War of 1812
      event being held April 25-27, 2008. This event seeks to interpret the
      War of 1812 in the West along with the fur trade and civilan life in
      the period.

      Please consider putting this on your calendar and supporting a nearby
      event. We are an outdoor museum village away from the hustle and bustle
      of a big city. We would like to host British and American Regulars,
      militia, artillery units, sutlers, Native Americans, crafters,
      demonstrators and civilians.

      Please feel free to email me for information or see the site's website:
      http://www.kchs.us/page2.htm

      Thanks for your attentions,
      Bill Buchinger
      Lyon Farm & Village
    • mimathews@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        Thanks for the invite. Is this in place of, or in addition to the June event?

        Michael Mathews

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
          Hi Mike,
          Thanks for the great question. I should have mentioned it- the April
          25-27, 2008 date for the LYON Farm event is old June event.
          We had to move it due to other conflicting local events and
          midwestern reenacting events as well.

          If my memory serves me correctly, a few guys from your group came out
          as American militia, didn't they?

          Thanks for the question-
          Bill
        • mimathews@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
            Thanks for the info. Yes, a few of the lads turned out for an extra shot at a redcoat. Unfortunately the new date in April puts us in conflict with an event we've been supporting for years that has been very nice to us. So I doubt the guys will be attending in '08. But, we put no demands or restrictions so you never know.

            Michael

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
              Correction-

              I made a mistake- the old Lyon Farm 1812 event was held in May and now
              has been moved up to the last weekend in April.

              Sorry for the confusion,
              Bill