Re: [War Of 1812] Welcome - should be "Latimer's Recent Book" etc

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2007
      Moderator here.

      On the assumption that useful information regarding Jon Latimer's
      recently published book on the War of 1812 is being and will be
      posted, the "subject" line of this thread should be changed.
      "Welcome" doesn't really assist anyone in the future who might want to
      retrieve this information.

      Jim Yaworsky

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...> wrote:

      > Canadian "Myths"?
      >
      > This would suggest we delude ourselves..
      >
      > I think not! ;-)
      >
      > "Major" Tom (who's known to be delusional)

      refreshing in that it seems to be taking a third party approach, not
      Canadian or American, and putting a lot of the traditional issues in a
      true perspective ie. the importance of the Napoleonic crisis, vs. the
      significance of U.S. "sovereignity" over search and seizure. Quite
      refreshing. It also pokes holes in Canadian Myths as well.

      > So far an excellent read.
      >
      > Glenn Stott, Royal Scots Lights
      >
      > Recent Activity
      > a.. 3New Members
      > Visit Your Group
      > Only on Yahoo!
      > World of Star Wars
      >
      > Meet fans, watch
      >
      > videos & more.
      >
      > Yahoo! News
      > Get it all here
      >
      > Breaking news to
      >
      > entertainment news
      >
      > Biz Resources
      > Y! Small Business
      >
      > Articles, tools,
      >
      > forms, and more.
      > .

      12/4/2007 10:52 AM

    • Kristian Burton
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2007
        Hi Erika,

        John Latimer's book is high on my "must have" list. It was a review of the
        book in my local press that aroused my interest in this, indeed "incredible
        war".
        Having read your comments, I am even more anxious to obtain it.

        All the best,

        Kristian.
        Essex
        UK
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 30, 2008
          Group,

          Thank you all for the warm welcome, and the advice on contacts, and
          regiments. I am looking forward to participating with all of you in the
          future.

          Thank you again,

          Eric,

          6th NC, Carolina Brigade