41st Lecture - Ray Hobbs on Religion and the War of 1812 in Upper Canada

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Good afternoon list.

      For those in attendance last night, I hope that you would agree, our
      very own Mr. Hobbs gave an excellent talk that enthralled the audience.

      Drawing upon his own extensive research of original source documents
      and his wide, varied and deep interest in the interaction of war and
      religion; he gave a talk that delved into some unique aspects of the
      War of 1812.

      Our thanks to Mr. Hobbs for gracing our Lecture Series with his hard
      work and valuable insights.

      In spite of marginal weather we had a very nice turn out and we are
      very appreciative of the support of all who attended. Regretably due
      to issues with room availability at Wellington Brewery, we had to have
      the talk much later in the season then what we would have liked.

      We will have a spring lecture, most likely in April with a speaker and
      topic to still be determined.

      Some photos have been posted on our website.

      I remain,

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot