Hysterical Re-enacting

  • bob.blakeley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2007
      Just a reminder to all re-enactors, any era, that Bob Blakeley will be
      publishing Hysterical Re-enacting next May at the Longwoods event.
      Lavisly illustrated by Steve Zronik, Hysterical provides a slightly off
      center look at our marvellous hobby. We are currently seeking
      submissions, try to keep them to 500 words, and we reserve the right to
      reject or edit. Blakeley is the author of the recently released The
      Civilian Soldier, A Complete History of the Norfolk Militia, 1796 to
      2007. This book has been critically acclaimed. We will be at the
      Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering next Saturday if you would like
      to personally hand over your submission. Just look for the Norfolk
      Mercantile and Heronwood Enterprises displays.
      Have a great day.
      Bob
    • John Ogden
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2007
        Where do we submit?

        Madison, June 20, 1785

        "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
        founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of
        enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and, as the
        said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
        Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising
        from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony
        existing between the two countries." -- Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace
        and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli
        of Barbary, 3 Junad 1211 (Muslim calendar), 4 November 1796 C.E..

      • bob.blakeley
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
          Anyone wishing to submit an article to Hysterical Re-enacting can send
          it to norfolkmercantile@...
          Just keep in mind we reserve the right to reject or edit any
          submissions and your name must be included.
          Submissions should be received by Jan, 1, 2008, at the latest.
          Thanks
          Bob
        • bob.blakeley
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
            I apologize...my fingers some times get carried away.
            norfolkmercantile@...
            We entertain submissions from all historical re-enactors and hope to
            see many of you in Hamilton on Saturday.
            Bob