[War Of 1812] Re: MGS, bar "FORT DETROIT" to a Native Warrior - For Sale

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24 4:18 AM
      I went back to the source of the info. on the "Fort Detroit MGS" - a
      chat for military collectors - and the consensus there is that the
      medal in question is "a duff one". Apparently it's gone the rounds and
      is suspected by several knoweledable collectors of being a re-named
      medal with an added bar.

      I suppose the venue of the sale should have clued me in! Though, if I
      were an impoverished institution who wanted to avoid being pilloried
      for selling a national treasure, I might be tempted to use ebay too!
      Apologies for the false alarm!

      Peter Monahan