Re: [War Of 1812] Question ...Magazins?

  • ronaldjdale@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2007
      Magazines had been relatively newly introduced---tin boxes for additional cartridges.? The magazine was kept in the pack but could somehow be buckled on to the cartridge box if required.

      The May 1811 Inspection Return for the 41st under the Return of Arms, in the column for magazines indicates that 800 magazines are "wanting."? Since the column under muskets shows that they had 700 good muskets and 100 "wanting" it seems that it would be one magazine per musket--so I am not sure what is meant by "pairs" in the context of this losses account.

      Ron