Seeking units and/or info

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2007
      Hi all,
      At the GT I noticed some Crown Forces Light Artillery Regts with a
      soft leather cap that folds down flat.
      Does anyone know how to email these units or if any are on this list
      could you please contact me.

      I am desperately seeking info on the design of that leather cap.

      Thank You
      Colin Murphy
      USS Constitution 1812 Marine Guard
      US Marine Corps- Historical Comapany
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2007
        Colin have you visited http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        to see if the unit contact is listed?

        Yrs.,

        Larry Lozon (L2)
        Upper Canada (Ontario)

        United States Forces 1812
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        Crown Forces North America 1812
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        WAR Of 1812 Events

        Sutlers & Merchants
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2007
          L2

          I have.

          I see Battery E and Battery D. Not sure if it is either, both or
          neither of them. Hoping someone can point out a clearer course and
          possibly find more than just artillery people that may have info on
          the cap.
          Thanks

          Colin Murphy
          USS Constitution 1812 Marine Guard
          US Marine Corps- Historical Company

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2007
            Colin

            An email to each would soon find out if they have the caps you seek

            --- "Colin" wrote:

            > L2
            >
            > I have.
            >
            > I see Battery E and Battery D. Not sure if it is either, both or
            > neither of them. Hoping someone can point out a clearer course and
            > possibly find more than just artillery people that may have info on
            > the cap.
            > Thanks
          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 13, 2007
              Colin, it's Battery E.

              KW

              _____

              From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
              Of Larry Lozon

              --- "Colin" wrote:

              > L2
              >
              > I have.
              >
              > I see Battery E and Battery D. Not sure if it is either, both or
              > neither of them. Hoping someone can point out a clearer course and
              > possibly find more than just artillery people that may have info on
              > the cap.

            • Colin
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 14, 2007
                That is true but as I mentioned I was also looking to see if anyone
                else may want to share any info and maybe start a discussion on
                similar caps etc.
                Thanks

                Regards
                Colin Murphy
                USS Constitution 1812 Marine Guard
                USMC-Historical Company

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

                > Colin
                >
                > An email to each would soon find out if they have the caps you seek
                >

                > --- "Colin" wrote:
                >
                > > L2
                > >
                > > I have.
                > >
                > > I see Battery E and Battery D. Not sure if it is either, both or
                > > neither of them. Hoping someone can point out a clearer course and
                > > possibly find more than just artillery people that may have info on
                > > the cap.
                > > Thanks

              • Colin
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 14, 2007
                  Thank You Sir
                  Slainte

                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Colin, it's Battery E.
                  >

                  > KW
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com]
                  On Behalf
                  > Of Larry Lozon
                  >

                  > Colin
                  >
                  > An email to each would soon find out if they have the caps you seek
                  >
                  > --- "Colin" wrote:
                  >
                  > > L2
                  > >
                  > > I have.
                  > >
                  > > I see Battery E and Battery D. Not sure if it is either, both or
                  > > neither of them. Hoping someone can point out a clearer course and
                  > > possibly find more than just artillery people that may have info on
                  > > the cap.

                • Kevin Windsor
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 14, 2007
                    Check the Royal Engineers Museum in Kent as well. I know that the Royal
                    Sappers and Miners had a cap like that as well as the Corps of Drivers,
                    Royal Artillery.

                    KW