Re: [War Of 1812] Remembrance / Veterans day

  • Bob Dorian
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
      I would like to add my experience today while volunteering at the US National WWI Museum at the Liberty Memorial in Kansas City, MO while wearing my original WWI Infantry officers uniform. [My grandfather was a Capt. in the 86th Infantry Division during that war.] We had over 3,800 visitors [free admission] today. I was able to guide the official French Army rep to see the portion of the Pantheon de La Guerre which was painted in Paris, 1914-1918. I had my picture taken numerous times and was asked by a Japanese couple to be photographed with them. When the picture was taken, the gentleman shook my hand and bowed slightly, and then gave a very sharp salute. It was quite moving. At the WWI Museum it was still Armistice Day.

      We MUST never forget!

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      Capt., US Army Ordnance Corps
      1966-68 Active Duty, 1968-73 Army Reserve

      roy winders <rangerroy50@...> wrote:
      Today the British Indian Dept. have been given the honour of laying a wreath on behalf of the
      those who fell during the war of 1812.

      Roy Winders
      Capt. B.I.D