Re: [War Of 1812] Rememberance / Veterans day

  • RICHARD HARDMAN
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
      Roy,

      Would have been delighted to participate. I was the CO of the Artillery Reserve Unit in Simcoe a few years back. Will be available for next year.

      roy winders <rangerroy50@...> wrote:
      Simcoe Dick, went very well and we,ve been asked back next year.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
        Sorry Dick, would love to have had you, afraid that was neglect on my part,
        next year for sure

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
          I would like to add my experience today while volunteering at the US National WWI Museum at the Liberty Memorial in Kansas City, MO while wearing my original WWI Infantry officers uniform. [My grandfather was a Capt. in the 86th Infantry Division during that war.] We had over 3,800 visitors [free admission] today. I was able to guide the official French Army rep to see the portion of the Pantheon de La Guerre which was painted in Paris, 1914-1918. I had my picture taken numerous times and was asked by a Japanese couple to be photographed with them. When the picture was taken, the gentleman shook my hand and bowed slightly, and then gave a very sharp salute. It was quite moving. At the WWI Museum it was still Armistice Day.

          We MUST never forget!

          Regards,

          Bob Dorian
          Capt., US Army Ordnance Corps
          1966-68 Active Duty, 1968-73 Army Reserve