Upcoming events at Spencer's Mercantile

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      In the spirit of shameless self promotion, and with apologies, as
      always, for the cross posting, here is the bumpf on some of the upcoming
      events at Spencer's Mercantile:

      - November 2nd: Book Signing: The Civilian Soldier
      Drop into the shop and meet Bob Blakeley, the author of "The Civilian
      Soldier," a history of the Norfolk Militia. Bob will be on hand to
      answer questions and sign your books from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Friday,
      November 2nd. For more details on the book, visit:

      - November 17th: It's Our Birthday!
      <>We're having an open house and sale to celebrate the store's first
      birthday and the business's 14th birthday! (How did 14 years go by so
      quickly?!!) Come on down to the shop and join the celebrations on
      November 17th, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Selected items will be on sale
      from 10% to 50% off, cake and goodies will be served, door prizes will
      be given, and special guests Four and Twenty Blackbirds Bakery will be
      onsite to tempt your palate and introduce you to their incredible line
      of Christmas comestibles. And don't forget that many of our goods have
      now been re-priced-- lower -- to reflect the surging Canadian dollar!
      If you haven't been to the shop before -- and even if you have -- this
      is the perfect time to come down and explore (and check out our
      Christmas merchandise!)!
      <>p.s. The Canadian dollar closed today at over US$1.05 . . . might be a
      good time to order that tent you've been thinking about . . . ;-) And
      for our American friends -- we are currently accepting American dollars
      at par!
      <>- November 23rd through Christmas: Four and Twenty Blackbirds Bakery
      in our shop!
      <>November 23 through Christmas, on Saturdays and Sundays, Four and
      Twenty Blackbirds Bakery will be onsite at our Locke Street store with
      an amazing selection of their handmade baked goods, candy, and treats
      for the Christmas season. Build your own gift basket . . . or just
      indulge your sweet tooth! For more information on Four and Twenty,
      check out http://www3.sympatico.ca/fourandtwentyblackbirds/

      - December 1st: Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering
      Join us and some forty other historic merchants, craftspeople, and the
      gift shops from the Museums of Hamilton for our eighth annual Christmas
      Gift Market, Saturday, December 1st, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, at Sir John A.
      Macdonald Secondary School, 130 York Boulevard (at Bay Street),
      Hamilton, Ontario. Plans are well underway for this to be the best
      Gathering yet . . . for more information, check out the website at

      - December 8th: Locke Street Christmas Open House
      All of the merchants of Locke Street are getting together to have a
      street-long open house on December 8th! Come on down and explore the
      neighbourhood -- try out the food at our local cafes and restaurants --
      check out the one of a kind finds in our antique shops -- find that
      special something in our cool clothing and accessories shops -- get your
      hair done or try out a treatment at one of our many fine hairdressers or
      spas -- discover a Christmas treasure in one of our eclectic boutiques
      -- and more! More details are available at http://www.loso.ca

      - Coming in January: Lots of classes and workshops!
      We're just finalizing the schedule for our winter slate of classes and
      workshops -- it will be posted on our website shortly, just in time for
      giving the gift of learning this Christmas! Stay tuned . . . we'll be
      offering everything from doll making to tatting and corsetry to
      millinery (and, of course, our infamous "Sewing for Male Dummies"
      classes and workshops!):

      Please feel free to contact me off-list at
      info(at)spencersmercantile.com if you have any questions or would like
      any further information on any of the above. Hope to see you soon!

      Best regards to all,
      -- Sioux
      Spencer's Mercantile
      233 Locke Street South