Re: Sore feet! Considerations for the Queenston ramble

  • Mark Ibbotson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      Just to add to this little topic.

      I swear by zinc oxide tape to cover the vulnerable areas of your feet with prior to that long march. God knows it kept me marching and the only side effect was sticky black marks where the tape had been (which comes off after a few weeks).

      It also works wonders for webbing rash (though i have no idea if this can be acheived with 19th cen military kit, I am pretty sure it does though).

      Hope some of you try it and note the lack of bad feet or soreness in areas where its applied.

      Ibbo

      Linux user #349545
      (GNU/Linux)iD8DBQBAzWjX+MZAIjBWXGURAmflAKCntuBbuKCWenpmXoA7LNydllVQOwCfdjyzXscddzQvlhBedAcD7qfKmHo==zx0H

      --
      We've Got Your Name @ www.mail.com!!!
    • History
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hello everyone,

        During the Death March from Lundy's Lane to Fort Erie in '98 some people trained ahead of time to get use to the long march and carrying their kit. Others didn't and many had something to aid them. But the best remedy was to have someone drive behind to pick up anyone who couldn't complete the march, including one who complained of chest pains (not a heart attack) but could have been. Fortunately this march is not as long, but hopefully someone is playing the same role as I did as the buzzard swooping down to pick up the stragglers.

        regards,

        John Sek

        Tuesday, October 2, 2007, 11:39:24 AM, you wrote:

        MI> Just to add to this little topic.

        MI> I swear by zinc oxide tape to cover the vulnerable areas of your feet with prior to that long march. God knows it kept me marching and the only side effect was sticky black marks where the tape
        MI> had been (which comes off after a few weeks).

        MI> It also works wonders for webbing rash (though i have no idea if this can be acheived with 19th cen military kit, I am pretty sure it does though).

        MI> Hope some of you try it and note the lack of bad feet or soreness in areas where its applied.

        MI> Ibbo
      • Bob Dorian
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi Jim,

          Nope, not duct tape. It's listed as sports tape according to Mr. Google!

          Bob D