Fanshawe

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 1, 2007
      I regret that I was unable to attend during the day at Fanshawe. I was moving into a new house on Saturday and unpacking boxes on Sunday. Fanshawe sounds like it was interesting. I was able to drive into London an Saturday evening for few hours to attend the mess. As always the hopitality was conversation was great. From what I saw in the dark, the camp layout was good.

      Mark Dickerson

    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 6, 2008
        Just a quick note to add to the cheers and huzzahs of the others
        before me.

        Thank you to the organizers, the staff at Fanshawe, the Royals
        Grenadiers, and Dave Westhouse in particular.
        The weather was great , the battlefields were ideal. We had a nice
        turnout of fine artillery,the support of the Navy, the drums were
        once more fantastic, and the line was, as ever, impeccable. You folks
        amaze me always.
        And thanks to our gallant foe. Your dedication and attention to
        detail is appreciated again.

        Craig Williams
      • roy winders
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 4, 2009
          On behalf of The British Indian Dept. I would like to thank Dave Westhouse,
          the Royal scots, the staff and volunteers of Fanshawe village for a super weekend,
          saturday nights entertainment was the best yet.
          Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.

        • roy winders
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 6, 2009
            Photos of the fanshawe event can now be seen our site
            www.bid-1812.com

          • a10rca
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 4, 2010
              Thanks To Dave, all the Scots and the Village staff for a damp but always enjoyable weekend.
              The tavern is great and thanks to the tavern or the cloud cover, it didn't get that cold Saturday night.
              The weather at the GT will be... I don't want to jinx it.
              Thanks again
              Jim
            • Andre Reed
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 3, 2011
                I would like to thank Fanshawe, The Royal Scots for putting on a great event, even the rain gods cooperated.
                My thanks to the Native Allies the BID and the Nancy for there realistic massacre, the Royal George for dieing after the volley from The Thin Red Line except your powder monkey who ran away but the coward was shot. The Royal Marines for advancing with the troops. And how about the strange attack by the Provincial Light Dragoons who left there horses at home and brought there gun, how many did you kill of the enemy with all the kissing and hugging, you have hung around horses to long.
                Thanks to all.
                Andre
              • Mark Dickerson
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 6, 2014

                  The 1st Regiment, Royal Kentuckians had a good time as well.  We will follow our brave Sgt Barnard anywhere.

                  Mark Dickerson

                  Acting Lance Corp.

                  1st Reg.,  RK

                • Grenzer7
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 7, 2014
                    Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry would also like to add our thanks
                    and congratulations to the staff and all the planners at Fanshawe
                    Pioneer Village. The event was small but that surely means we have room
                    to grow! I'm looking forward to next year already.

                    It was a pleasure to serve beside the "Royal Kentuckians"... whatever
                    the heck that means!

                    John Goldsworthy
                    Acting Sergeant
                    Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry