Fanshawe Thanks

  • Paul Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada would like to again thank Dave
      Westhouse, The Royal Scot Grenadier Company, and the Fanshawe Village
      staff and volunteers for a "perfect" weekend event!
      It was certainly one of our favourite events of the season!

      Re: the camp layout - brilliant, with lots of room. It was great to
      have the Regular Camp, The US Camp, The Militia Camps and the Artillary
      together.
      Re: wood - the mixture of hard and softwood made cooking a breeze
      Re: ice availability twice a day - we wish other sites would encouage
      their local scout groups to do the same
      Re: dinner and dance - delicious & lots of fun
      Re: battle scenarios in the corn and winter wheat fields - awesome!
      Re: weather - how did you do that?

      Again, thanks and we look forward to 2008!
      What a great location for a Grand Tactical?

      Paul Kelly
      Secretary
      Military Re-Enactment Society of Canada
    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
        Let me add my (rather belated!) thanks to everyone who helped put the
        Fanshawe event together. Your hard work definitely showed, and by all
        accounts a good time was had by all.

        It was absolutely delightful to see how much the village has been
        improved and restored since my last visit a few years back! Great to
        see such development in times of cutbacks in culture and history . . .

        Thanks again,
        -- Sioux