Re: [War Of 1812] Re: And now to open up another can of worms...

  • ronaldjdale@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 26, 2007
      Well said, Tim.? Of course research should include all facets but some will concentrate only on materiel culture at the expense of the "story."

      Ron

      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 29, 2008
        Gentlemen,

        I'm new to the 1812 timeline (& this group) and was looking at the
        DG Springfield as well. I usually subscribe to the "you get what
        youpay for" adage, so am concerned about quality, also.

        Has anyone purchased one of these muskets recently, and if so, have
        the quality issues mentioned by others been resolved to your
        satisfaction?

        Gary Hopkins
        Avilla, Indiana, USA

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...>
        wrote:

        > All-
        > Has anyone on this list actually seen/handled/fired one of
        the 1795
        > Springfield / 1766 Charleville muskets from Discriminating
        General? These
        > haven't been on the market long, so I have yet to hear anything
        myself.
        > Four years ago I got one of their 1740s Long Lands, which I had a
        number of
        > issues with, mechanically speaking, and the stock also left a
        great deal to
        > be desired in terms of shape/contour. I have been informed that
        DG seems to