Re: [War Of 1812] SAFETY INCIDENT - Woodland Indian Re-enactor Arms Burned at Fair at New Boston OH

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
      I have little to add to the notes that Susan has forwarded.
      It is a case of using a "possibles" or "hunting" bag for a purpose it
      wasn't designed for, carrying cartridges.
      Fortunately, there is plenty of evidence of native warriors carrying
      cartridge boxes during the 1812 War so it shouldn't be a problem for
      us. These fellows, who have excellent impressions usually do Rev War
      and I won't speak to what they are used to there, but as Susan
      pointed out we were told that the unfortunate chap had sewn the flap
      to the strap, perhaps to ease in retrieving rounds, exposing himself
      unnecessarily ?
      I hope to hear more details later. The main thing here is that we
      keep a good thought for Ralph and hope for a speedy recovery.
      We started a collection to help defray the cost for him. I don't
      imagine a Helicopter ride to the hospital is cheap.

      Craig