Re: “ the recreated units list" or "if your so perfect cast the first stone"

  • tedyeat
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 3, 2007
      I have been trying to get my name and contact info. removed from the
      list of U.S. Units, and have it replaced by that of another person. I
      sent an email to someone who I presume was the webmaster, but the
      last time I checked it was still up. PLEASE CONTACT ME OFFLIST SO WE
      CAN GET THIS RESOLVED.

      YH&OS,
      T. Yeatman
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <larrylozon@...>
      wrote:

      > "the recreated units list
      > or
      > "if your so perfect cast the first stone"
      >

      > Ladies, Gentlemen and Yahoo Group Subscribers All
      >

      > Some time ago after Jim Yaworsky created this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group.
      >
      > I was asked what Military Units were represented on this WarOf1812
      > Yahoo Group so I posted a list. I continued to do so until I
      > railroaded Michael Mathews into maintaining the list.
      >
      > I was then asked to create
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      >
      > This web Site is a list of re-created Military Re-enactment Units
      of
      > BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIA ~ ALLIED forces located in the United
      > States and Canada and their contacts.
      >
      > This collection of re-created Military Re-enactment Units were
      given
      > the convenient name of CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA {CFNA} to
      > differentiate them from a similar group doing the American
      > Revolutionary War Time Period.
      >
      > The Web Site
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      >
      > is updated as to units attending Crown Forces Events
      > and it is the duty of the contact person to update the Unit's
      > information on a yearly basis.
      >

      > As Jim has said "to keep you all on the same page"
      >
      > I take the liberty to add . . .
      >
      > Michael Mathews gets no remuneration (is not paid) for maintaining
      > the Recreated Units List and does not deserve any negative postings
      > as to his work on this list.
      >
      > He has the thankless job of updating a List of " Recreated Military
      > Units that are represented on the Yahoo 1812 OneList" (and does a
      > fine job I might add)
      >
      > It is just that . . . a list of 'Recreated Military Units' that are
      > represented on this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group"
      >
      > If your Unit's main function is to portray Civilian Camp Life, etc.
      > ... then you are not a Recreated Military Unit. Simple!
      >
      > Also . . .
      >
      > Mr. Mathews has the right to maintain this list Units as he sees
      fit
      > as it is not an official WarOf1812 Yahoo Group list. It is merle a
      > list which he is maintaining for the information to subscribers of
      > this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group.
      >
      > It is the responsibility of the Unit Commander to contact Mr.
      Mathews
      > and request that their unit be listed if it is a Recreated Military
      > Unit.
      >
      > I comment on this as I started the 'Recreated Military Units that
      are
      > represented on this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group List' for the reasons
      > listed above.
      >
      > I did not remove or alter Jim Yaworsky's post (below) as I think we
      > should all read it again.
      >
      > Yrs.,
      > Larry Lozon (L2)
      > Upper Canada (Ontario)
      >
      > United States Forces 1812 http://usforces1812.tripod.com
      > Crown Forces North America 1812 http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      > 2007 WAR Of 1812 Events
      > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist Sutlers &
      Merchants
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants
      >
      > --------------------------------
      >
      > "Michael Mathews" wrote:
      >
      > [snip] The list is exactly what it is; "Recreated Military Units
      that
      > are represented on the Yahoo 1812 OneList". As such it is a sub-set
      > of the greater whole for the information and interest of some.
      [snip]

      > The two criteria for appearing on the list till now have been:
      Being

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 3, 2007
        "tedyeat" wrote:

        I have been trying to get my name and contact info. removed from the
        list of U.S. Units, and have it replaced by that of another person.
        I sent an email to someone who I presume was the webmaster, but the
        last time I checked it was still up. PLEASE CONTACT ME OFFLIST SO WE
        CAN GET THIS RESOLVED.

        Ted

        I am the webmaster for Crown Forces North America Webpage
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        For USA FORCES Webpage
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        contact
        Betsy Bashore bjbashore(at)buckeye-express.com
        She is the web mistress for that webpage

        At the bottom of http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        It is posted:

        To add your unit to the list, please contact
        bjbashore(at)buckeye-express.com

        Change (at) to @ since this Yahoo Group does not support email
        adresses

        Hope this helps
        L2
      • tedyeat
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 4, 2007
          I sent her an email last week and never heard anything back. The old
          contact is still up. John Sek was supposed to be changing the same
          and, though he emailed that this was to be changed over the weekend,
          it's the same situation. Someone tell Betsy she's got email.

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 4, 2007
            "tedyeat" < wrote:

            I sent her an email last week and never heard anything back.

            Ted

            There was a holiday weekend and some events during that time

            so she may have been away

            Also, some people do not read their email every day

            Some take weeks to respond

            She does not get paid to maintain the website so speed may not be
            an issue

            On the other hand some units go for years with the wrong info
            never informing the webpage of the correct info

            Yrs.,
            L2