Re: [War Of 1812] Queenston Heights

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi Ray

      I don't know if you know me, I am Jim Hill's Assistant, you already
      let us know that your unit is coming to Queenston. I've emailed your
      registration form and confirmation number to you. We have a spot
      saved for the 41st, and are looking forward to seeing you there.

      Vicki
      Heritage Dept,
      Niagara Parks Commission

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:

      > Hello Jim:
      > I do not know if anyone else has had this problem, but the URL
      listed
      > for registration for Oct. 13th cannot be found. That is the message
      > receive when I try to get to it.
      > Ray H
      > 41st
      >
      > On 20-Aug-07, at 5:01 PM, Jim Hill wrote:
      >
      > > Hello All
      > >
      > > From everyone at Old Fort Erie - Thank you for the hard work and
      > > support over the siege weekend.
      > >
      > > Please put AUGUST 9TH & 10TH, 2008 on your calendar for the 22nd
      > > Annual Blow Out. We will also be hosting a Fenian Raid Event on
      JUNE
      > > 14TH & 15th, 2008.
      > >
      > > We are also looking for unit registrations or unit updates for
      the
      > > 195th of Queenston Heights 'Forget the Tent Event' on OCTOBER
      13TH,
      > > 2007. Information and registration is available at the
      > > www.visit1812.com/events/NewsandEvents. Unit commanders should
      read
      > > the information before registering and individual registrations
      are
      > > NOT required. Pack light as we are attempting to find
      accommodations
      > > for everyone in the historic sites of the area. If you have
      > > questions about Queenston, please contact Jim Hill
      > > jhill@...
      > >
      > > This year, Fort Erie had another increase in reenactor
      participants
      > > and visitors. A huge thank you to those dedicated folks who
      assisted
      > > with the candle light tours. A record number of people lined up
      and
      > > we had a record number of positive comments from visitors.
      > > Congratulations to the award winners on Sunday and we hope
      everyone
      > > had a safe trip home.
      > >
      > > Thanks again
      > > Peter Martin

    • hpgorman
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 12, 2010
        Hello to all of our WONDERFUL volunteers, reenactors and merchants and sutlers!!

        I'd like to send out our heartfelt THANKS to all of you who came and made our event a huge success this year! Special thanks to Sioux Spencer, Craig Williams and Richard Feltoe for setting up our camps, and to Peter Twist for helping with our WNED people! I'd also like to send out special thanks to all of you on the line who did not shoot the WNED people, especially when they made themselves the perfect targets!!! Thank you also to the 41st who allowed us to blow you up this year!

        Looking forward to seeing you all again next year with out BRAND NEW VISITOR CENTRE!!
        Thanks again!
        Heather Gorman
        Manager: Old Fort Erie
        hgorman@...
      • a10rca
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 17, 2014

          Hello Folks

          We are now approaching 800 registered participants at Old Fort Erie on August 9th and 10th.

          If your unit is not registered, please go to www.oldforterie.com

          We would once again ask people to limit canvas as space fills up.   This does not mean you have to sleep in your car or under a blanket on the cold, hard ground.

          Hope to see everyone July 25th or at Old Fort Erie in August.

          Jim

        • a10rca
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 18, 2014

            Well, now it's getting closer to 900.

            Tonight we are commemorating the burning of the village of St David's.