FAIRFIELD COMES ALIVE EVENT

  • dinahcrusehunter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      On behalf of On-gwe-ho-way Native Reenactment Group, we'd like to
      thank Gayle and Richard, Chris and staff of the Fairfield Museum for
      a wonderful weekend event.

      We were welcomed with open arms, treated royally to sumptous meals,
      and enjoyed a true sense of reenactment community. The battles were
      well orchestrated thanks to the British and American Regulars, the
      Militia and the Kentuckians and the Provincial Marine Canon Crew who
      made it so realistic. From the comments from the public, they sure
      enjoyed it.

      Was Moraviantown the site of a major battle of the War of 1812? No,
      not by a long run. But the horrors of the attack and decimation of
      these peaceful peoples depicted the travesty and horrors of war and
      we appreciate the opportunity to pay honour to the memory of those
      who perished at Moraviantown.

      Looking forward to next Labour Day Weekend when once
      again, "Fairfield Comes Alive".....BE THERE!!

      Greg and Dinah Hunter
      (Hunter and Sable)