RE: [War Of 1812]boykin's tavern 1812 event

  • Rob and Stephanie Friar
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Ann,

      Sounds great! Please go to the listed link for lodgings in and around
      Smithfield, about 15 min. or so from the tavern.

      http://www.smithfield-virginia.com/lodging.html

      Rob Friar

      Fort Norfolk Garrison (20th U.S)

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        All,

        Wanted to express our thanks to all the organizers and reenactors at
        yesterday's Battle of Northpoint event. Being first timers to this event,
        and introducing a new impression (20th U.S.), we were all very happy we
        decided to attend. The weather was beautiful, the site was great, the
        reenactors all looked good and I was impressed with the numbers in
        attendance, and wow! What a great amount of public in attendance as well!

        I was able to visit several units, get involved in interesting
        conversations, learn a lot about them, and picked up some great tips on how
        to make our impression better and more accurate.

        I must say it was a great event for us to drive up to, and plan on doing it
        again next year, this time with more members coming along after they hear
        what a neat event they missed.

        So, once again, thanks so much for great day!