Re: [War Of 1812] Re: Recreated groups that are represented on the Yahoo 1812 OneList v. 1.0

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      Good morning Sally and the list,

      I had the mistaken impression that when Dave left this list that there was no longer representation of the company. I have since learned that Bob Dorian is also a member. Proving the dangers of attempting to interpret the increasingly complicated vagaries of this purely informational list. When in doubt, as a good librarian should, I'll default to alphabetical order.

      If other units have a sub-identity, i.e. Clemson-Symmes Company or Grenadier Company you are welcome to submit them. For now. I will gather them and when there is enough to justify a posting I'll make it. It might be interesting to see how close the Crown Forces are to the 20% elite company ratio. ;-)

      Now, if you want to make sure your unit receives the accolades due it, I'm accepting bribes. This could be in the form of hard cash, goods, or a medicinal beverage at Mississinewa. Regrettably that will be my only big 1812 event of the year. So start the bidding, and bid often! I can be bought!

      Michael Mathews, tongue firmly in cheek

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        Mr. Mathews,

        I would gladly give you a glass of sherry on Tuesday for a better
        listing today!

        Your Most Humble & "Wimpy" Servant,

        Bob Dorian
        Surgeon's Mate 1st. US Inf.