Re: “ the recreated units list" [joke]

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

      > "James Yaworsky" wrote:
      >
      > I do believe I see a *confession* here, ladies and gentlemen! So now
      > we know - like usual, it's all *Larry's* fault! ;>
      >

      > Jim,
      > I would normally take the blame
      >
      > but if you hadn't created this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group
      >
      > I would have not created the 'the recreated units list'
      >
      > so . . . it's "JIM'S FAULT!!" ;-)
      >

      > Never take the blame when there is someone else you can hang it
      > on!!:*)
      >

      > Yrs.,
      > L2

      OUCH! "Tou-shay", as the Frenchies say...

      Jim
    • barrymacgregor
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
        Larry

        Thank you for your promt resonse.

        Memory is such a fleeting thing.... ;) , we have been at the
        officers meetings at both Stoney Creek and Longwoods. If you have had
        meetings outside of those, please advise us in the future of the time
        and place and we will ensure that we are represented.

        I also believe Peter Twist directed you to add our group at
        Stoney Creek a couple years ago during a meeting in the officers
        tent.

        If there is any futher information you require I or one of our
        members would be please to meet with you in person at the next event.

        We look forward to your response.

        Regards

        Barry MacGregor

        wrote:

        > "barrymacgregor" wrote:
        >
        > Larry
        >
        > Thank you for you explanation of history of the list. I would
        > suggest that you could use the updates recently posted here on the
        > Crown forces listing. Specifically would you add ON GWE HO WAY
        > native unit to the list as we have been participating in the
        battles
        > for several years now. Thanks in advance for your help.
        >

        > Mr. MacGreegor
        >
        > Attendance is usually taken at Officer's Call at Crown Forces
        Events

        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
          Barry MacGregor wrote:

          ". . . we have been at the officers meetings at both Stoney Creek
          and Longwoods. If you have had meetings outside of those, please
          advise us . . . "

          Mr. MacGregor

          To be listed on the CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA page,
          a unit has to attend CROWN FORCES Events

          Crown Forces events have been posted to
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          since the first of the year.

          I don't believe that Stoney Creek or Longwoods were CROWN FORCES
          Events in 2007

          We can talk of this further at Fort Erie next weekend.
          I am sure the subscribers of this Yahoo Group are tired of our
          conversation

          Taken from http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          2007 Crown Forces Events

          =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=
          Apr. 28 Crown Forces School of Instruction, Fort York, Toronto
          Sat Apr.28 Infantry Officer & NCO School
          Sat Apr.28 Historical Cooking Workshop

          July 21-22 Annual 1812 Grand Tactical Fort Niagara

          Aug 11-12 Fort Erie

          Sept 28-30 Fanshaw Village London, Ont

          Yrs.,

          Larry Lozon (L2)
          Upper Canada (Ontario)

          United States Forces 1812
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Crown Forces North America 1812
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          2007 WAR Of 1812 Events

          Sutlers & Merchants
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants
        • barrymacgregor
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
            Larry

            Thank you for your invitation, we will be pleased to meet with you
            and would welcome you in our camp for a cup of coffee.

            Barry

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 31, 2007
              Larry
              We were in attendance at the officers meetings at Fort Erie. Sorry
              you were not able to join us for that cup of coffee we offered you.
              I notice that the Crown Forces listed still needs to be updated for
              both ourselves and the BID. Could you please attend to this at your
              earliest convenience.

              Barry

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "barrymacgregor"

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 31, 2007
                "barrymacgregor" wrote:

                Larry We were in attendance at the officers meetings at Fort Erie.
                Sorry you were not able to join us for that cup of coffee we offered
                you. I notice that the Crown Forces listed still needs to be updated
                for both ourselves and the BID. Could you please attend to this at
                your earliest convenience.

                Barry

                Please contact me at larrylozon(at)yahoo.ca

                Larry
              • tedyeat
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 3, 2007
                  I have been trying to get my name and contact info. removed from the
                  list of U.S. Units, and have it replaced by that of another person. I
                  sent an email to someone who I presume was the webmaster, but the
                  last time I checked it was still up. PLEASE CONTACT ME OFFLIST SO WE
                  CAN GET THIS RESOLVED.

                  YH&OS,
                  T. Yeatman
                  wrote:

                  > "the recreated units list
                  > or
                  > "if your so perfect cast the first stone"
                  >

                  > Ladies, Gentlemen and Yahoo Group Subscribers All
                  >

                  > Some time ago after Jim Yaworsky created this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group.
                  >
                  > I was asked what Military Units were represented on this WarOf1812
                  > Yahoo Group so I posted a list. I continued to do so until I
                  > railroaded Michael Mathews into maintaining the list.
                  >
                  > I was then asked to create
                  > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                  >
                  > This web Site is a list of re-created Military Re-enactment Units
                  of
                  > BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIA ~ ALLIED forces located in the United
                  > States and Canada and their contacts.
                  >
                  > This collection of re-created Military Re-enactment Units were
                  given
                  > the convenient name of CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA {CFNA} to
                  > differentiate them from a similar group doing the American
                  > Revolutionary War Time Period.
                  >
                  > The Web Site
                  > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                  >
                  > is updated as to units attending Crown Forces Events
                  > and it is the duty of the contact person to update the Unit's
                  > information on a yearly basis.
                  >

                  > As Jim has said "to keep you all on the same page"
                  >
                  > I take the liberty to add . . .
                  >
                  > Michael Mathews gets no remuneration (is not paid) for maintaining
                  > the Recreated Units List and does not deserve any negative postings
                  > as to his work on this list.
                  >
                  > He has the thankless job of updating a List of " Recreated Military
                  > Units that are represented on the Yahoo 1812 OneList" (and does a
                  > fine job I might add)
                  >
                  > It is just that . . . a list of 'Recreated Military Units' that are
                  > represented on this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group"
                  >
                  > If your Unit's main function is to portray Civilian Camp Life, etc.
                  > ... then you are not a Recreated Military Unit. Simple!
                  >
                  > Also . . .
                  >
                  > Mr. Mathews has the right to maintain this list Units as he sees
                  fit
                  > as it is not an official WarOf1812 Yahoo Group list. It is merle a
                  > list which he is maintaining for the information to subscribers of
                  > this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group.
                  >
                  > It is the responsibility of the Unit Commander to contact Mr.
                  Mathews
                  > and request that their unit be listed if it is a Recreated Military
                  > Unit.
                  >
                  > I comment on this as I started the 'Recreated Military Units that
                  are
                  > represented on this WarOf1812 Yahoo Group List' for the reasons
                  > listed above.
                  >
                  > I did not remove or alter Jim Yaworsky's post (below) as I think we
                  > should all read it again.
                  >
                  > Yrs.,
                  > Larry Lozon (L2)
                  > Upper Canada (Ontario)
                  >
                  > United States Forces 1812 http://usforces1812.tripod.com
                  > Crown Forces North America 1812 http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                  > 2007 WAR Of 1812 Events
                  > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist Sutlers &
                  Merchants
                  > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants
                  >
                  > --------------------------------
                  >
                  > "Michael Mathews" wrote:
                  >
                  > [snip] The list is exactly what it is; "Recreated Military Units
                  that
                  > are represented on the Yahoo 1812 OneList". As such it is a sub-set
                  > of the greater whole for the information and interest of some.
                  [snip]

                  > The two criteria for appearing on the list till now have been:
                  Being

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 3, 2007
                    "tedyeat" wrote:

                    I have been trying to get my name and contact info. removed from the
                    list of U.S. Units, and have it replaced by that of another person.
                    I sent an email to someone who I presume was the webmaster, but the
                    last time I checked it was still up. PLEASE CONTACT ME OFFLIST SO WE
                    CAN GET THIS RESOLVED.

                    Ted

                    I am the webmaster for Crown Forces North America Webpage
                    http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

                    For USA FORCES Webpage
                    http://usforces1812.tripod.com

                    contact
                    Betsy Bashore bjbashore(at)buckeye-express.com
                    She is the web mistress for that webpage

                    At the bottom of http://usforces1812.tripod.com
                    It is posted:

                    To add your unit to the list, please contact
                    bjbashore(at)buckeye-express.com

                    Change (at) to @ since this Yahoo Group does not support email
                    adresses

                    Hope this helps
                    L2
                  • tedyeat
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 4, 2007
                      I sent her an email last week and never heard anything back. The old
                      contact is still up. John Sek was supposed to be changing the same
                      and, though he emailed that this was to be changed over the weekend,
                      it's the same situation. Someone tell Betsy she's got email.

                      YH&OS,
                      T. Yeatman

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 4, 2007
                        "tedyeat" < wrote:

                        I sent her an email last week and never heard anything back.

                        Ted

                        There was a holiday weekend and some events during that time

                        so she may have been away

                        Also, some people do not read their email every day

                        Some take weeks to respond

                        She does not get paid to maintain the website so speed may not be
                        an issue

                        On the other hand some units go for years with the wrong info
                        never informing the webpage of the correct info

                        Yrs.,
                        L2