Re: [War Of 1812] Lundy's Lane Museum

  • kevin.windsor@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Len, yes I swanning about in Nova Scotia, but no swimming! My god it was too cold!! The water was 15 C (59 F) in Cape Breton. The we visited the Stubbs Family in New Brunswick and came home through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We drove 6200 km (3850 miles) in two weeks.

      Anyway, not everyone here wants to hear about that...

      As to the stuff.

      The 8th Foot button is one of a couple of thousand in our collection! Many of them came from the Campbell Museum Collection. The only button that he ever documented finding was one of the 8th Foot on Spring St near NG Cash and Carry, but I couldn't tell you which 8th button in the collection it is. (the joys of 1930 battlefield relic hunters!)
      As for the Native exhibit you are right it is sooo dated! It is slated to change in 2008 (pending budget approval and I just finished them yesterday), so gone will be the mannequin and it will look great. As for the tail of the 89th Reg't coat, it was worn by either Capt Spunner or Lt Latham. Both were killed carrying the Colours of the 89th Reg't. I have parts of both of their uniforms, as well as pieces of OR coats, and gray from the US 1st Brigade. (on display at the Willoughby Historical Museum right now).

      You are right it is a wonderful collection and one that I am proud to curate and add to.

      So Len is right pop in and see us!

      Kevin Windsor