Lundy's Lane Museum Was: Some items of interest.

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
      Calm Kevin, calm,

      Speaking of which, I had the pleasure visiting the Lundy's Lane Museum
      last month while Kevin was swanning about Nova Scotia or some such
      place (nor has he replied to me even though I left my card.)

      Kevin, I think you have every right to be proud of your site, nice,
      neat, professional and well laid out exhibits. OK the native exhibit is
      very 'Niagara Falls' but I'm sure it's in the budget there sometime. :^)

      Where all of the buttons (and that tail from the 89th jacket) all
      recovered on site or from the Nigara Falls area? I was particularlly
      interested in the single lonely Kings button which appeared to be a Rev
      War style. Any idea where that came from?

      If anyone is in the area I heartily recommend them popping in. Nice
      museum-shop as well!

      Cheers,

      Len

    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
        In a message dated 31/07/2007 19:40:22 Central Standard Time,
        tedyeat@... writes:

        Does anyone know what
        became of flags captured there?

        I think I am right in saying that many of them ended up in the Royal
        Hospital, Chelsea.

      • tedyeat
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2007
          Which ones, I wonder? They must have had plenty to gather.
          YH&OS
          T. Yeatman