Re: Recreated Units Represented on the Yahoo Group v. 10.2

  • barrymacgregor
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2007
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Learoyd" <labrador_mike@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Kidd" <ucpm_gunner@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mr. Matthews:
      > >
      > > I am not certain whether the omissions are intentional, but if I
      > > might, I would like to point out that there are members of the
      > > following three units either actively participating or lurking on
      > this
      > > list:
      > >
      > > British Indian Department
      > > British Native Allies
      > > On Gwe Ho Way Natives
      > >
      > > I would respectfully submit that these units ought to be added to
      > the
      > > official list of represented units.
      > >
      > > Your servant, sir,
      > >
      > > Dale Kidd
      > > Fleet Master at Arms,
      > > CFNA Naval Establishment
      > Mr. Kidd and List,
      > If the thread is about "Re-created Unit" representation, well I am
      > familiar with the place in history of the British Indian Department
      > and I know that the British Native Allies represent the Mohawk
      allies
      > of the Crown. Just where do the on-gwe-ho-way fit into history? I
      > have seen the three groups at events and the on-gwe-ho-way are a
      real
      > puzzler. Are they an acting troup hired to entertain visitors to
      > events?
      > Mike Learoyd (a lurker)
      > Aurora, Ontario

      Mike and List

      The ON GEW HO WAY represents the various native forces that came
      together in support of the British. The group represents village
      life to the best of our ability based on historical facts. We have
      been requested by event co-coordinators to demonstrate our skills to
      the pubic at various events. Please feel free to contact us in
      person as we would welcome your feedback.

      Barry MacGregor
      ON GWE HO WAY