Fw: Stoney 2000

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      For your information

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Sue Ramsay <WARSMR@...>
      To: Larry Lozon <lalozon@...>

      Subject: Re: Stoney 2000

      I have had the opportunity to attend a meeting this week regarding the ceremony at Smith's Knoll which will take place on Sunday at 11 am on June 4. Battle Weekend will be held on Saturday June 3 and Sunday June 4.

      The re-dedication and the re-internment of the bodies extracted from the burial site will take place on the 4th. Yes, the Prime Minister and other dignitaries have been invited but an official reply has not been received yet. The American 'soldiers" will be interned on Smith's Knoll. They will not be moved to the United States. We will have representatives from the States but we are not quite sure who it will be. We are meeting with the Colonel in charge of the local Legions in a couple of weeks to finalise the program.

      I will be sending out a letter and registration form to the re-enactors in December. So spread the word that "Stoney Creek" will be real special in 2000. We are hoping our American friends will plan on joining us for this very special
      event.

      I will keep you posted.

      Susan Ramsay

      Battle of Stoney Creek
      June 3 - 4 2000
      Stoney Creek Ontario
      Smith's Knoll is a mound across the street from the battlefield where they have found American as well as Canadian/British soldiers buried from the War of 1812. Some what like "Snake Hill".