Re: [War Of 1812] web photo: General Drummond

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
      Very nice portrait Jim. Except it is printed backwards.
      Viz:
      The sword is on the right side, whereas it should be on the left
      The aigulettes should be on the right shoulder of a General Officer
      The coat fastens the wrong way
      The KCB award should go on the left chest
      The KCB sash (silk scarlet) should go from the right shoulder
      The Royal Cypher does not help because it reads the same both ways.

      I know - picky, picky, picky :)

      Ray
      41st

      On 6-Jul-07, at 2:33 PM, James Yaworsky wrote:

      > A nice portrait.
      >
      > Jim Yaworsky
      > Moderator

    • James Yaworsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:

        > Very nice portrait Jim. Except it is printed backwards.
        [snip]
        > I know - picky, picky, picky :)
        >
        > Ray
        > 41st

        Maybe it was a self portrait, done in a mirror? ;>)

        I can't remember the web-site I pulled it off. I guess it was a
        scanning error on its web-master's part...

        It's impossible to be "too picky" in our game! Authenticity is our
        raison d'etre!

        Jim Yaworsky
        41st
      • ronaldjdale@netscape.net