web photo: General Drummond

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
      A nice portrait.

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator
    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
        Very nice portrait Jim. Except it is printed backwards.
        Viz:
        The sword is on the right side, whereas it should be on the left
        The aigulettes should be on the right shoulder of a General Officer
        The coat fastens the wrong way
        The KCB award should go on the left chest
        The KCB sash (silk scarlet) should go from the right shoulder
        The Royal Cypher does not help because it reads the same both ways.

        I know - picky, picky, picky :)

        Ray
        41st

        On 6-Jul-07, at 2:33 PM, James Yaworsky wrote:

        > A nice portrait.
        >
        > Jim Yaworsky
        > Moderator

      • James Yaworsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:

          > Very nice portrait Jim. Except it is printed backwards.
          [snip]
          > I know - picky, picky, picky :)
          >
          > Ray
          > 41st

          Maybe it was a self portrait, done in a mirror? ;>)

          I can't remember the web-site I pulled it off. I guess it was a
          scanning error on its web-master's part...

          It's impossible to be "too picky" in our game! Authenticity is our
          raison d'etre!

          Jim Yaworsky
          41st
        • ronaldjdale@netscape.net