OSHA proposed changes issue: Moderator ruling

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, John-Paul Johnson <jpjohnsn@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for bringing this to my attention but:
      >
      > a) I, and MANY others on this list, do not live in the US and our
      comments to OSHA would have no effect; and,

      > b) the number of your messages on this topic that essentially add no
      new information is beginning to feel like spam to me.

      > Moderators, can we get a ruling here?
      >
      > J-P

      Moderator here.

      I count 4 prior messages posted so far on this issue, which does not
      seem excessive given the complexity of the situation. However, those
      who have no interest in this topic can utilise their "delete" key when
      they see the "Subject" line.

      For the rest of us, my thought is that 1812 reenacting is and has to
      be a joint U.S. - Canadian effort, with major venues and events on
      both sides of the Border, and major groups based in each country. As
      1812 re-enactors, the Border can be a pain in the butt to be endured
      as we venture over it to join *our comrades* in events designed to
      remember the War of 1812, honour its heroes (and rogues, even), and
      educate the public about it. But since the fact there *is* a border
      is perhaps the greatest single result of the War of 1812, I guess it's
      something we have to live with! ;>)

      Yes, many list members, including myself, live in Canada, but what
      goes on in the U.S. on issues that directly affect 1812 reenacting is
      of great relevance to us as well. I too do not want to have to shout
      out "bang!" unless I have to. As a Canadian, I may not be able to put
      my comments on the OSHA website - but I do want to know how this
      important issue plays out. I think most list members feel the same.

      In short, messages that provide new information on this topic are
      definitely not "spam" or anything close to it. Please keep'em coming!

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator