Re: website photo: belated 4th of July - Boston, 2006(?)

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 7:28 PM
      I beleive that was 2003. The weather started out horrible, as you can
      see...wet, overcast and about a 20 knot wind WNW but it cleared up as
      the lines were cast off. We tugged out about a mile to off Castle
      Island where she turns and fires the National Salute to the nation
      every year. As we headed back in, about half way to the Navy Yard, a
      real nasty thunder storm blew in. In my nearly 10 years aboard these
      cruises I had never seen the Navy go into such a crisis mode. But
      they and the tug captaines handled her well and we were off here
      before the worst of the storm hit.

      This year was not as exciting, but still, as always an honor to be a
      part of her compliment.

      Happy Fourth, and belated Happy First to our friends "up North"
      YHOS
      Colin Murphy
      USS CON 1812 MG
      &