Re: [War Of 1812] What can one say?

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2007
      In a message dated 6/26/07 6:24:47 AM, ray.hobbs@... writes:
      > List - and especially Drum Major Flowers:
      > This notice appeared today in the Canadian newspaper the Globe and
      > Mail. Read it and wonder, and weep :)
      > Ray Hobbs
      > 41st Regt
      >
      > PS: Sort of off topic, but try telling that to the 42nd!!!
      >   Kilt wearers could face prosecution if they do not have a licence for
      > their sporran, under new Scottish legislation. The law is designed to
      > protect endangered species such as badgers and otters, whose fur used
      > to be favoured by sporran makers. The new rules, designed to bring
      > Scotland into line with other European Union countries, will also cover
      > fishing flies made from animal hair.

      Remind me to wear trousers in uniform then should I go to Scotland.
      Badger was/is the regulation sporran for the 93rd (Argyll &
      Sutherlands..though what the present "battalion" of "The Highlanders" wears I have not looked
      into yet.)
      Though before that latest idiocy of the MOD, the A & S by it's own regulation
      took in only a max of 9 new badger sporrans a year, and those had to be from
      "road kill". (Yes, yes, I am already cognizant of such stories as 2 Jocks in a
      Lorry on a road outside Stirling, "Och there, Sarge, in the layby! Get him!"
      ..Squealing of tires as the lorry heaves to the side to run over the furry
      critter...)

      Lt Col I didn't kill the bugger I just have to wear him B
      93rd SHRoFLHU
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
      THE Thin Red Line