Re: shako blanks and formers/ shoes

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 1999
      Many thanks to all on the List who have replied on and off List with info
      about shako making/purchasing, as well as about shoes.

      I own a pair of Robt. Land's Brit. Army shoes, round-toed, buckled,
      double-soled, with a high-tapered heel, w/heel irons, rough-side out. This
      is for the AWI 40th group I'm in, and these features are what they requested
      from him. VERY comfortable, very durable. Yes, I run in them, if you can
      believe that!

      There is also a cordwainer at Olde Sturbridge Village near me (we are
      members there) named Peter Oakley who is apparently quite good. Has anyone
      here ever worn his products?

      Instead of making the shako blanks ourselves (I've got enough to do at the
      moment), we'll buy them from somebody else.

      Roger
      3/95th (Rifles)