waterloo book on tape

  • Donald DuCote
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 1999
      I hate the physical act of reading, and I don't like long-distance driving
      much, so finding "books on audio tape" helps BOTH these tediums.
      The latest library find of interest to youz would be "Waterloo; Day of Battle"
      by David Howarth. Its a whopping 4 cassettes worth from Recorded Books of
      Prince Frederick, MD.

      It is not a history, but a collection of excerpts from contemporary documents
      and letters which describe personal experiences. Of course, the scope of
      awareness of the individual is limited, and so it is all the more juicy with
      little details from a personal perspective; focusing on a particular advance,
      charge, defence, or camp life. Only bad thing is it doesn't come with any
      illustrations (as if there were any we haven't already seen).

      Don Ducote (0th)

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1 3:21 AM
        From: Donald DuCote <htftoys@...>
        "books on audio tape" "Waterloo; Day of Battle"
        by David Howarth. ...
        4 cassettes worth from Recorded Books of
        Prince Frederick, MD.

        According to Amazon.com "out of print"
      • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1 6:23 AM
          In a message dated 01/12/1999 4:26:10 AM, lalozon@... writes:

          >From: Donald DuCote <htftoys@...>
          >"books on audio tape" "Waterloo; Day of Battle"
          >by David Howarth. ...
          >4 cassettes worth from Recorded Books of
          >Prince Frederick, MD.

          ---
          >According to Amazon.com "out of print"

          No doubt -- but I have a set!!!!
          ahahahahahaa!!!
        • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1 7:47 AM
            In a message dated 12/1/1999 8:24:42 AM Central Standard Time,
            NINETY3RD@... writes:

            << From: Donald DuCote <htftoys@...>
            >"books on audio tape" "Waterloo; Day of Battle"
            >by David Howarth. ...
            >4 cassettes worth from Recorded Books of
            >Prince Frederick, MD.

            ---
            >According to Amazon.com "out of print"

            No doubt -- but I have a set!!!!
            ahahahahahaa!!! >>

            Funnily enough 'A Near Run Thing' (which was the original title of this book
            when first published in England) was the first serious book on the Napoleonic
            wars I ever bought, I still have it.