"Niagara" at Monroe, Michigan, June 15-17

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      From the newsletter of the Monroe museums:

      June
      1 Battlefield Visitors Center Begins Summer Hours 10am-5pm
      (Fri-Tues, June-August)
      9 River Raisin International Fife and Drum Muster Parade 10am
      Muster1pm
      15-17 U.S. Brig Niagara at Port of Monroe (Historical Society)

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator
    • K. J. Lindsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2007
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...>
        wrote:

        > From the newsletter of the Monroe museums:
        >
        > June
        >
        > 15-17 U.S. Brig Niagara at Port of Monroe (Historical
        Society)

        > Jim Yaworsky
        > Moderator

        The Niagara event turned out very well. In addition to the main event
        of the Niagara, we had a living history encampment (that was well
        attended) with artillery from Fort Meigs. The Monroe Evening News has
        an article about it with a nice photographic slideshow at:
        http://www.monroepublishing.com/multimedia/niagara/

        Kevin Lindsey
        2nd Michigan