Re: Stoney Creek

  • Jesse
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 5, 2007
      Who where the 22nd?

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@...> wrote:

      > On behalf of Colonel Robert Trumbull ( 19th US Infantry) and the
      Army of
      > the Northwest, we wish to offer our congratulations and thanks to
      the
      > entire Stoney Creek staff, steering committee , and service groups
      who
      > helped to make this years re-enactment weekend one of the most
      enjoyable
      > that we have attended in the past 27 years. To our gallant
      Britannic "foe"
      > , a hearty well done ! It was a pleasure to work with you !
      > We would also like welcome the 22nd US Infantry ( Lt. Andy
      Desjardins
      > commanding) into the rolls of the Northern Brigade. It was a
      pleasure to
      > finally meet everyone and an honour to work with you. We also
      wish to
      > express our thanks and appreciation to the Stoney Creek guard, the
      Light
      > Company of the 1st Reg't. of Infantry( Royal Scots), and the 11th
      US
      > Infantry ( Fort Erie staff) who increased our ranks during the
      weekend. It
      > is always very much appreciated.
      > Last, but certainly not least ,a very special "thank you" to the
      Norfolk
      > Militia , (Captain Larry Hanna commanding) for once
      again "galvanizing" to
      > complement our line for the entire weekend . Whether it is the
      line company,
      > the rifle company or the artillery battery, the Norfolk's were one
      of the
      > first groups to cross over and supplement our line. It is always
      our
      > privilege and honour to have you with us !
      > Until we meet again, I remain yours etc, etc, etc,
      > John Harris
      > Brigade Major
      > Northern Brigade
      > Army of the Northwest

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      04/06/2007
      > 6:43 PM

    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13, 2015
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams