Stoney Creek

  • John Harris
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 4 5:52 PM
      On behalf of Colonel Robert Trumbull ( 19th US Infantry) and the Army of
      the Northwest, we wish to offer our congratulations and thanks to the
      entire Stoney Creek staff, steering committee , and service groups who
      helped to make this years re-enactment weekend one of the most enjoyable
      that we have attended in the past 27 years. To our gallant Britannic "foe"
      , a hearty well done ! It was a pleasure to work with you !
      We would also like welcome the 22nd US Infantry ( Lt. Andy Desjardins
      commanding) into the rolls of the Northern Brigade. It was a pleasure to
      finally meet everyone and an honour to work with you. We also wish to
      express our thanks and appreciation to the Stoney Creek guard, the Light
      Company of the 1st Reg't. of Infantry( Royal Scots), and the 11th US
      Infantry ( Fort Erie staff) who increased our ranks during the weekend. It
      is always very much appreciated.
      Last, but certainly not least ,a very special "thank you" to the Norfolk
      Militia , (Captain Larry Hanna commanding) for once again "galvanizing" to
      complement our line for the entire weekend . Whether it is the line company,
      the rifle company or the artillery battery, the Norfolk's were one of the
      first groups to cross over and supplement our line. It is always our
      privilege and honour to have you with us !
      Until we meet again, I remain yours etc, etc, etc,
      John Harris
      Brigade Major
      Northern Brigade
      Army of the Northwest

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      6:43 PM
    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13, 2015
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams