Re: [War Of 1812] framed back pack

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
      Thanks Barry,

      I was more interested in the sources of some of the material for the
      purposes of research.
      I have a collection of images much the same as yours and I am still
      trying to identify their sources in some cases.

      Incidentally Trotter (I'm thinking "potter" was a typo?), made the
      "envelope" style of pack as well. There is at least one original
      envelope pack about with the "Trotter of London" stamp prominently
      inked on the inside.

      Craig W

      > potter actually made two types of pack firstly the frame and then the
      > box (the box pack with four boards is often mistaken and miss named
      > as the frame pack).

    • drummerspnwars
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        yeh sorry, i 'm a drummer so easy to miss spell
        cheers
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Craig Williams <sgtwarner@...>